Lifetime “R” Panel roof is an economical alternative. It is also known as the Traditional Trapezoid Roof System. The 42-inch wide panels come in continuous lengths up to 50 feet. Our “R” Panels are made of steel and aluminum, and there is a choice of finishes: Prepainted Material, Silicone Polyester and Galvalume (Aluzinc).
Materials and Finishes
- 0.032 Aluminum / .040 Aluminum
- 24ga Galvalume Conforming To ASTM – 791, 80 KSI With Baked-on Perma Colour 2000 70% Kynar 500 In All Standard Colours Kynar 500 Paint Finish Carries A Full 10 Year Guarantee And Comprises Of 0.8 To 0.9 Full Strength 70% Kynar 500 Fluorocarbon (Polyvinylidene Fluoride – PVF2 Coating Over An Epoxy Primer And Wash Coat On Reverse Side. Face Film Thickness 1.0 and 0.2
- Substrate: zincalume g300 az 150, 24ga, 26ga pretreatment: corrosion resistant property conversion coating.
- Primer cost: corrosion inhibitor primer. Normal thickness 5um each side custom formulated snow gun green.
- Finish coat: custom formulated system. Normal thickness 20 um on the top or weather side.
- The finish coat is available in several standard colours. On special request the finish coat can be applied to both sides to provide a ‘double sided’ product. With appropriate lead time provided specially required colours may be available.
- Gloss: normal 25% (60°). Other gloss levels may be available on request.
- 24ga and 26ga galvalume conforming to ASTM-791, 80 KSI which is bonded to the steel by a continuos hot dipping process, offering greater corrosion resistance, high temperature oxidization resistance and heat reflectivity.
- Wide 42” coverage
- Versatile, roofing, wall, soffit, faxcia or mansards
- Easy installation
- Continuous length panels – up to 40”
- Panel Width: 43”
- Effective Cover: 41”
- Minimum Slope: 10 Degrees
- Fastening System: the panel to panel and panel to steel / wood connection to be with a no. 12 – 14 self drilling fastener with a high quality neoprene washer. The panel to panel connection requires a 1 1/2“ minimum fastener.
- Gauges: 24, 26, 28
- Finishes: polyester, PVF 2, Mill Finish, 70% Kynar 500
- Colours: see our colour guide for our complete selection.
- Lengths: the panels are factory formed to a maximum length of 60”
- Install panels in such a manner that horizontal lines are true and level and vertical lines are plumb.
- Attach panels using manufacturer’s standard fasteners, spaced in accordance with approved shop drawings.
- Install sealants for performed roofing panels as in approved shop drawings.
- Do not allow panels or trim to come into contact with dissimilar materials.
- Protect installed roof panels and trims from damage caused by adjacent construction until completion of installation.