Bermuda Tile Panel Details
Bermuda Tile Roofing consists of a horizontal panel available in 13” width with concealed fasteners. The Bermuda Tile is one of the oldest most traditional metal roofing profiles available. The Bermuda Tile consists of a horizontal panel and may be used in any residential or commercial application requiring a traditional design. The panels are available in continuous lengths with a variable coverage of 13” (vertical exposure). The system features concealed clip and fastening approach allowing thermal contractions of the panel and at the same time concealing the fastener from corrosion. This system can also be utilized on fascia or mansard application and as a siding, for both remodeling and new construction. The panel design secures the female interlock hem into the male leg continuously, lending structural characteristics to apply it over open rafters or substrate by concealed clips allowing for unrestricted thermal movement. Optional sealant assures greater water tightness.
Materials and Finishes
Base Material: 24ga, and 26ga steel and .032 aluminum.
24ga and 26ga galvalume conforming to ASTM A-791, 50 KSI with baked on 70% Kynar 500 finish in all standard colours Kynar 500 paint finish carries a full 10 year guarantee and are comprised of a .8 to .9 mil full strength 70% Kynar 500 fluorocarbon (polyvinylidene fluoride – PVF2) coating over an epoxy primer of .2 to .3 mil on the finish side with primer and wash coat on the reverse side. Face film thickness 1.0 mil and .2 mil.
- Substrate: zincalume G300 AZ 150, 24ga, 26ga.
- Presentment: corrosion resistant property conversion coating.
- Primer Coat: corrosion inhibitive primer. Normal thickness 5um each side custom formulated snow gun green.
- Finish Coat: custom formulated system. Normal thickness 20 um on the top or weather side. The finish coat is available in several standard colours. On special request the finish coat can be applied to both sides to provide a 'double sided' product. With appropriate lead time provided specially required colours may be available.
- Gloss: Normal 25% (60°). Other gloss levels may be available on request.
24ga galvalume conforming to ASTM – 791, 80 KSI where a coating of aluminum/zinc
alloy bonded to the steel base by a continuous hot dipping process, offering greater
corrosion resistance, high temperature oxidation resistance and heat reflectivity.
Mill finish galvalume (aluzinc) carries a 10 year warranty.
- Install panels in such a manner that horizontal lines are true and level and vertical lines are plumb.
- Attach panels using manufacturer’s standard fasteners, spaced in accordance with approved shop drawings.
- Install sealants for performed roofing panels as in approved shop drawings.
- Do not allow panels or trim to come into contact with dissimilar materials.
- Protect installed roof panels and trims from damage caused by adjacent construction
until completion of installation.